Find new ways to enjoy matcha!
Relax and enjoy matcha in your cup of choice
This is a specially made tea bowl (chawan) for making matcha and divvying it out into separate teacups when serving to groups. Each bowl is individually spun on the potter's wheel and glazed by a craftsman with pride and care. Each boasts a unique design and flavor imparted during the firing process as a result of its placement within the kiln and the pattern of the flames.
1. Deep bowl: Extra deep bowl to facilitate whisk movement when making matcha.
2. Wide generous spout: Perfect for pouring out a serving of thick matcha.
3. Handhold: Designed with a depression along its sides, the bowl provides a natural handhold.
4. Thick sides: To help protect your hands from heat, the sides have been made thicker from the depression on downwards.
5. More pronounced foot: Holding the tea bowl while hooking your fingers on its base allows you to easily hold it with one hand while serving.